Re: Europa-List: Al tubing techniques

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Al tubing techniques
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:28:35

Jeremy

It is good to hear that you have gotten back to work. :)

The tubing will need to be just a tiny bit proud when you start. The stretching
and bending it goes through will get it to fit flush to the flare tool nicely.
A drop of oil will make it easier on the tubing  too.

The rings that the clamping side make will be OK. I can't even see them now on
my tubing.

The direction the Elbow points is always a problem. With the use of a good
Gasoline
proof pipe thread you should be able to stop at the proper angel with not
over tightening the fittings.  Remember the fuel pressure is only about 5 psi
at the max.

Hope this helps.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

PS  The landing light worked very well for taxiing Wednesday night. We are
flying
every chance I get. Betty love flying with me.