Europa-List: Al tubing techniques

Subject: Europa-List: Al tubing techniques
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:51:46

I=92m just starting to (finally) fit the Al tubing for my fuel system, and
would appreciate some advice on techniques.

1)        Flaring the tubing =96 how much should the tubing be proud of the
flaring tool before I start?
2)        Flaring again =96 the flaring tool has circumferential rings that hold
the tubing, but also mark it badly. I thought that marks on Al tubing are
bad. Any tips here?
3)        NPT fittings =96 the problem I have here is with the angle fittings.
What do I do if the fitting goes tight just after the point where it is
pointing the way I need? Is it OK to crank these fittings almost another
entire turn?
4)        Any other tips?

Any help that folks who=92ve been there, done that, can offer would be much
appreciated!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
=93If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation.=94
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1400 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms