RE: Europa-List: Fuel gauge - again!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel gauge - again!
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:52:31

Hi! Bob (F)
I devised mine and it goes through the middle of the tunnel and
re-enters the seat back then diagonally backwards across the tank top
for the vent.
Initially it was hopeless due to when the P1 looks down wards he can't
see the meniscus level of the fuel. However I bought a 3mm high vis
float ball so now the level's plain to see. You must make sure it
doesn't just bugger off over the tank top though. Tunnel top level gives
about 2 gallons in Main side available plus the normal reserve. The ball
was from a Vance Atkinson who sells the fuel sight gauges for the
Varyeeze type a/c. his e-mail address was :-  Nostromo56@comcast.net
You can see my photos
at:-http://www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/europa.htm
Click on "Bob Harrison's Europa G-PTAG" and scroll down accordingly.
I had to rework it all though to insert the ball after the photo's were
taken.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300