RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 question?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 question?
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:22:17

Almost correct. It's intended to use European _standard_ mogas (95 Octane,
often referred to confusingly as 'premium', but North American folks please
we aware we measure Octane differently, quoting higher numbers for the same
stuff). The _premium_ stuff (97 to 98, often called 'super') is not
recommended for use in aircraft (some volatility issues at altitude, I
believe).

As an aside for the UK folks, rumours are currently rife that Shell is about
to release V-Power here instead of the current Optimax - which means 99 or
100 Octane for your sports cars.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation."
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1400 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms