Europa-List: Rudder side to side freeplay

Subject: Europa-List: Rudder side to side freeplay
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:03:13

We just got our floors/rudder pedals mounted/bonded over the weekend.

There is about .055" side to side freeplay between the tufnal bushings and the
2 welded on washers on the rudder torque tubes.

Any ideas on how to eliminate some of this motion?

I was thinking of bending up a .025" aluminium shim to mimic the top half of the
bushing, and held in place with the 2 screws that holds the
bushing in place. This would only be shimming 1/2 the area of the washer.

Thx.
Ron Parigoris