Europa-List: Europa XS Kit for Sale...maybe

Subject: Europa-List: Europa XS Kit for Sale...maybe
From: Richard Sementilli <rsementi@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:51:07

This is an exploratory inquiry about the possible sale of my Europa XS
Conventional gear kit (N144EW) that I have been building at Flight
Crafters in Florida.

WOULD ANYONE CARE TO MAKE AN OFFER?

The air frame is almost complete, the top half is just about ready to
be bonded to the bottom half. Therefore, yes, the cockpit module has
been installed. Also installed are: all antennas plus mounts for a
tru-trak autopilot, ELT, strobe lights, all airframe wiring, gas tank
and sender etc. Basically there is about another 25 hours left to
finish the airframe. The wings and tail plane have all had many hours
of prep by the previous owner of this kit so the prep for paint will
save several hundreds of hours.

The kit was converted to conventional gear by Bob Berube at Flight
Crafters ($6,200 parts and labor). It also has a firewall forward kit
($3,800) for a 912S engine, plus a speed kit still in the box from
Europa. I have also prepared the panel for instruments but have not
yet installed them. Therefore, the panel cowl has been cut and sanded;
ready for whatever instruments one would desire.

With the purchase of the kit, plus all the work done so far, plus all
of the parts installed, plus the conversion to a conventional gear,
the FWF, speed kit etc., I have honestly spent $53K (with receipts to
prove it).

Thanks
Richard