Re: Europa-List: Visit to the U.K.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Visit to the U.K.
From: Gerry Holland <gholland@geminiresourcing.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:03:30

Cleve Hi!

> Any suggestions for a good airport to visit on Sat June 18 where I can get a
> dose of Europa(s)?  Say, within 90 minutes of the London area?

I can offer an Itinerary to put on your list:

Take Train from Paddington Station, London to Chippenham. It's about 1 hour
15 mins. Trains every 1/2 hour. Some luck is involved with the timing as
this is the UK railway system! It's normally OK.

---From there I could pick you up and drive to Kemble Airfield (ex-RAF) where
there is normally a real nestful of Europa's based or being worked on. It's
also the venue for our PFA Rally two weeks later. That takes about 20 mins.

After a suitable lunch and with an invitation from Paddy Clarke we could
visit his very nice Europa Monowheel based about 30 minutes away at Wadswick
Airstrip, Near Bath. Who knows he may need to get airborne that day too!

Other options could be added top that as time allows.

Kindest Regards

Gerry