Re: Europa-List: First Flight G-OBJT

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First Flight G-OBJT
From: R Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:46:11

> Kit 055 Classic Trigear G-OBJT finally took to the air
> between heavy showers at Old Sarum on Friday 3rd June
> at 1805 BST.  Test pilot David Scouller made this, his
> first Europa, the 193rd type to grace his logbooks (he
> is trying for 200 before he retires).  David flew for
> 35 minutes and managed to achieve a very complete
> schedule of handling tests before the approaching gloom
> curtailed operations.  Stalls were thoroughly checked,
> indicating a slight left wing drop - possibly connected
> to slight asymmetric flap lowering which generated a
> slight roll in that direction.  VNE was attempted but
> abandoned at 157 Kts when rough air was encountered.
> Otherwise there are few snags to clear and the Grand
> Rapids EFIS came in for special praise.
>
> G-OBJT weighed in at 830 lbs empty, which I guess is a
> little on the heavy side considering the 912S sits
> behind a Warp Drive prop, but this is probably down to
> my painting efforts which entailed many extra coats to
> achieve a reasonable finish.
>
> My thanks to John Grant who commenced the build way
> back in '94,  Inspectors Graham Singleton and Ted Terry
> who examined the beast, and David Scouller who has
> started the test process so successfully.
>
> Brian and Pat Tarmar

Congratulations, but is it really necessary to send this
identical email out more than 10 times ? Whatever it is
duplicating the mail please stop it !

I am surprised that the PFA allowed someone who had never
flown a Europa to do the test flying. I understood that
some experience on Europas was necessary.

Richard Holder
G-OWWW #51 High Cross