Europa-List: funny fuel gauge

Subject: Europa-List: funny fuel gauge
From: Rmi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:55:59
         From: "R\351mi Guerner" <ai...

Hi all,
Surprisingly I get just the opposite with the Avelec capacitance fuel gauge:
when
full with mogas I consistently read 60 liters, and with Avgas 100LL I read
50 liters.
I also have another problem with this fuel gauging system: from time to time I
have an "fuel tank fault" indication, or zero indication while the tank is full.
Very difficult to troubleshoot as the problem is intermittent. Yesterday it
happened only during a few minutes in the middle of a 3 hours flight. Any  idea?
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL, XS 912S, s/n 395 monowheel, 320 hours

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge

Thats exactly the problem we had. Problem is that the gauge was calibrated
for Avgas - when we changed to Mogas, the gauge said that the tank was
always 3/4 full.