Re: Europa-List: Capacitors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Capacitors
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees05@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:29:51
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Peter Rees" <peter.rees05@ntlworld.com>

The snap type (with pins) are designed for PCB mounting - you'll need to
solder a couple of wires to it if you want to use it. Alternative is to
return it if you can and get one with screw terminals (often called computer
capacitors).

Buy a high temperature cap (105 deg C) - they generally have a much longer
quoted operating life.

Peter