Re: Europa-List: Mod. 70

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod. 70
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 12:41:25

randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> At the moment the mass balance weights on my aircraft contact the port
> guide strip. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get them centred
> without removing, bending and replacing the installation on a trial and error

> basis.

I installed Mod 70 last Thursday, but left the cables attached to the TP10s
just in case they might still be needed (I have turnbuckles). The installation

was a fairly easy job as I don't have the top on yet. However, I have the same

problem as you in that the mass balance weights contact the port guide strip.
Very little pressure is needed to get the weights centred, so I certainly
have no intention of removing, bending and replacing the installation on a trial

and error basis.

I had a very brief word with Andy Draper about this on Friday (he was with a
customer, so there was no time to go into details). Andy said I was not the
only one with this problem and that he was going to discuss it with Francis
Donaldson. He asked me to call back sometime next week.

John Heykoop
XS mono G-JHKP, kit #536.