Re: Europa-List: EZ-TRIM Altitude Hold PCB

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EZ-TRIM Altitude Hold PCB
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 14:04:49

> The challenge of making it and getting it going is fun enough for me and
> it > may well end up as many of my other diversions whilst building the
> Europa...> extend the build time, deplete the bank account and bring a
> smile to those> others that are wiser or have been down that same road!!

That's the right attitude i guess. I would be willing to be actively
involved in a further development. I am quite experienced with a soldering
iron, and can do some programming and systems design as well. Can't do cb
design. Can't do anything mechanic.
First there should be a wish list. To start with that one:<devious grin>
There should be a health check at switch on for all critical components.
The output should be controlled by a second control loop including a
g-force sensor.
The output should be controlled by a third control loop including an
attitude sensor.
The system should contain a proper servo motor.
The servo motor should contain a control stick sensor, so that it will
free itself on manual override.
The servo motor should contain a sensor to determine trim errors, the
system should advise or be able to drive trim corrections.
As a possible addon i would like an airspeed sensor, and the system be
able to limit corrections on prededermined max and min airspeeds.
Who is willing to organize a development team?

Greetz,

Jos Okhuijsen