Re: Europa-List: pin holes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: pin holes
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:29:53

Hi Paul,
I too used the epoxy & expancel that came with the kit. I had a lot of
pinholes and used high build primer from PPG called K38. It filled most
of them once I blocked sanded the primer down. What ever remaining ones
left I hit with some thinly mixed expancel and it finished them off.
Another shot of primer then re-sanded with 300 to 400 grit and the
primer looks almost as good as a finish. I've been told the better the
preparation the less paint used and the better the finished paint will
look. All pinholes are gone but not without a lot of effort. Keep at
it, you'll be rewarded with a finish that blows the riveted metal plane
away.
Jeff
A258
Still waiting for the best painter in Tennessee to get freed up!