Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 10 Msgs - 04/01/05

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 10 Msgs - 04/01/05
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:57:43

> Simple theory, if you post cure befoe, the filler won't bond
> as well. So imho post cure after.
> Graham

That's a new one on me!  Postcuring raises the glass transition
temperature...only.  At any Tg, if fully cured (like after a couple
weeks), adhesion is your basic "tooth adhesion," enhanced by abrasion
of the surface, no?

At risk of yet another SuperFil thread, I found that removal of that
stuff from chrome-shiny metal spatulas was a chore -- adheres
tenaciously.  But epoxy laminating resin with similarly no abraded
surface -- just bend the tool and the stuff pops right off.  :-)

Reg,
Fred F.