Re: Europa-List: Rudder cable routing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rudder cable routing
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:33:32

Hi GR,

I, too, have the Graham tailwheel mod. I just finished installing my rudder
cables and also found the close proximity to my alum fuel lines. I think the
main concern is the rudder cables slapping around during turbulence.....and
even  just normal use. I added nylon cable guides attached to the bottom of the

mass  balance tower. This showed my the natural run for the cables. I then
added the  1/4" black tubing that is used for drip irrigation systems to places

where I  wanted to prevent slapping. After slipping the tubing on and I simply

attached  the tubing wherever it naturally sat when passing through the center

tunnel and  support walls below the baggage bay. I attached them with a
Redux/flox mix. I  also used turnbuckles to adjust the tension and rudder
position.

These  are between the rear of the baggage bay and mass balance tower. My
other  set of turnbuckles are after the Graham bellcrank on the rear wall and
before  the sternpost. This is to adjust the tailwheel so it points the same way

as the  rudder.

If you would like some pix, I can send you some off Forum.

Mike Duane  A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Just about to put the top  on but still finding little things to do before
that.