RE: Europa-List: Information from our non-UK friends needed to

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Information from our non-UK friends needed to
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:21:37
        FILETIME=[DE5C3FB0:01C533B2]

---From Colombia as in South America not British Columbia

A) Typical cost to get licence USD15k including instruction and ac hire
B) Annual cost to retain licence USD1k
2 Annual cost to own an aircraft comprising (for typical 4 seat non complex
CAA aircraft) USD5k
A) Typical maintenance USD500
B) Insurance  USD300yr(liability only - hull to expensive)
C) Hangarage (lets assume it is hangared at a "low end" licensed
aerodrome)USD150 mo
3) Operating costs
A) Cost of fuel per litre USD4 per USGal
B) Typical landing charges - licensed airfield NIL
C) Typical Parking charge (one night) NIL
D) average operating cost for 40 hours per year to include (A, B & C above)
err not been through this
E) for IFR community, typical Nav and IFR charges for 500 mile journey  NIL
4) Brief notes on anything related to above which is country specific.  Well
obviously we have a serious control issue here due to the narcotics problem
but apart from that the use of the aviation system is basically without cost
for sport ac.