Re: Europa-List: Autopilot Installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Autopilot Installation
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:25:08

Dave,
The best installation for your autopilot is as per Carl Patinsons
suggestions. I too have the Trio, and you either bury it under the module
with a clamping/bonding method onto the aileron torque tube where you will
never be able to get to it again, or you put it where you can easily access
it. If you halve the bushes, have a look at Steve Dunsmuirs web pages and
look up my name, you will find pictures of the exact setup you describe,
but however I am not using it. I reckon if it ever came loose in that
confined space, it could jam things up. If it ever got stuck under your
right thigh, at Carls location, you can easily set it up so that you can
reach down and disconnect it with a pull forward on the autopilot drive
arm, if you have the right coupling. My intention is to use a coupling like
the door struts, like a tow bar cup on a trailer, so that if ever I am not
happy, it will be easy to disconnect. So, leave it till later.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia