Europa-List: Weather related diversions

Subject: Europa-List: Weather related diversions
From: David Corbett <david.corbett5@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:01:21

Thank you to Simon Smith and Ferg for your contributions to this - Simon
for the UK facts, and Ferg for your very amusing "ha'porth" re fields,
etc!

Part of the impetus for the very successful UK action by Charles
Strasser was an event involving the then chairman of our Flying Farmers
Association. He set off to fly from Scotland to his home airstrip, with
a good forecast, but when he arrived there was fog on his hill and he
diverted to Humberside, much lower and about 5 miles away. He was
charged =A3400 for that landing (C182), because officially it was outside
published hours, although the airfield was still open for a late public
transport flight.

Insurance. Weeks ago I promised to report my improved insurance. For the
same hull value, I have had a 20% reduction in premium, much wider
geographical coverage, and MOD indemnity all included. Jennings, as
brokers, came up with this - and Hayward are the underwriters.

Happy flying!

David
G-BZAM   -   UK 265