Europa-List: Lower cowling NACA inlet

Subject: Europa-List: Lower cowling NACA inlet
From: Brian Hutchinson <hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:10:25

Hi all,
I'm busy doing the cowlings at present, and I'm intrigued as to what is the
purpose
of the lower cowl right side NACA inlet.  It doesn't seem to aim at anything,
it just appears to blast cold air at the very bottom of the oil tank and
the right footwell, then probably straight out of the main outlet at the rear
of the cowl.  I'm sure someone out there understands the science of the
design???
The reason for the question... I was considering tapping some of this cold
air into a 1 inch scat tube to feed a pair of eyeball vents on the panel for
a cool breeze on the face.
Awaiting replies with much curiosity!

Brian Hutchinson

357 Mono