Europa-List: First Flight of the 'High Top'

Subject: Europa-List: First Flight of the 'High Top'
From: simon.nash1 <simon.nash1@btconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:14:31

 On Monday 7th March ,16:10 at Wombleton airfield G-OSJN
(kit 495) took to the skies for the first time in the very
capable hands of Andy Draper.  The flight lasted 15 minutes
with no significant problems reported.

The aircraft is a mono wheel, 914, airmaster with the hi top
modification, she weighed in at 860lb.  The hi top gives
around 2-3" extra headroom which allows people like myself
6'5" to enjoy the Europa comfortably.

A further 3 flights took place on Wednesday, following some
prop tweaks and better weather. Initial observations appears
that the hi top does not detract any performance compared to
a standard mono with the same engine/prop configuration.
Further evaluations will be made during the testing.

Once shaken down the aircraft will be based at North Weald
where I hope to be flying it as much as possible.

I would like to thank the Europa team Andy, John, Roger and
Jim, and not forgetting Nevil,  for without their skill and
support this would not be possible.

Regards

Simon