Re: Europa-List: The certified Europa?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: The certified Europa?
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:35:03

Rick,
Most of us on this forum have followed the developement of the Liberty
and it's designers for years. It's truly a great certified airplane,
when you compair it to anything thats already built.
You cannot compare it to the Europa. The Europa is faster, more agile,
has two sticks on there own pivit point and not on one centeral point.
It lands shorter takes off shorter, climbs faster, and it comes in a
package that allows it's builder to customize it to his own personal
liking. You can build it for about half the costs of the Liberty? It's
not quite as big as the Liberty but then it flies a lot cheeper. 4.5
Gallons an hour appeals to me a lot and it uses automotive fuel which
is a lot cheeper than 100 LL.  If your only goal is to get to the
flying ASAP then the Liberty would be a great choice. But to abandon a
project to spend more for less still doesn't make sense to me. Oh did I
mention I can do my own repairs and inspections?
Jeff
A258
Running out of reasons to not send her to the paint shop.