Europa-List: Avoiding landing fees by diverting

Subject: Europa-List: Avoiding landing fees by diverting
From: simon miles <simon.miles@skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:30:35

Alan,

Why do you consider this attitude to be nonsense? You go flying - it costs.

I am always amazed that any pilot thinks that they deserve a free landing
when things go pear-shaped. Airports such as the three mentioned in your
account are not charitable organisations so why should you get a free
landing even if the circumstances are beyond your control - I assume the
weather you encountered wasn't forecast? Presumably you anticipated paying a
landing fee on arrival at Shoreham, so what caused you so much grief about
paying one at Southampton?

Yours in amazement,

Simon Miles