RE: Europa-List: Controlled air space article

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Controlled air space article
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:29:41

Just as an aside to this thread. I was on a flight from Guernsey to
Shoreham last week and had to divert into Southampton due to weather
(snow and very low vis.). When we landed at Southampton we were told
they would not wave the landing fee as we had not called a Mayday or Pan
so it was not considered an "emergency divert". They were quite
insistent, but so were we about not paying and after having the matter
referred to the airport manager we won the day. Anyone else experienced
this kind of nonsense ?

Alan