Europa-List: Recommended towing and jacking points

Subject: Europa-List: Recommended towing and jacking points
From: simon miles <simon.miles@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:18:36

My Tri-gear is due to be moved from the workshop to its hangar next weekend.

I need to lift the nose-wheel by about 12" or 30cm to reduce the overall
height of the aeroplane so it will fit through the door of the workshop - is
there a preferred jacking point to do this?

In addition, is there a preferred towing point (or pushing point) to get it
up the ramp from the workshop to the road. There will  be four of us to do
the pushing/pulling (I hope - the weather forecast is for snow on
Saturday...)

Simon Miles
Tri-gear #508,
Rotax 912S, Airmaster propeller.