Europa-List: Transponder RF connector

Subject: Europa-List: Transponder RF connector
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:29:10

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of hooking up a Garmin 327 transponder. The instructions
show the cable going into one of those 90 degree BNC RF connectors where you
solder the inner cable onto the male pin, put a little U-shaped 50 ohm match
bushing inside and then put the cap on. The shielding is then soldered to the
casing.

The problem is this type of connector wasn't supplied and the one I got from
Aircraft Spruce (the only one they do apparently) is a simple straight BNC
connector with the shielding crimped on the end (i.e. no u-shaped bushing).

Do I need to get a BNC connector like they show in the manual or will the
regular one work just as well?

Regards,
Martin Tuck
N152MT