Re: Europa-List: tail spring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: tail spring
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 08:52:15

<<tailor the dim as required to achieve the actual
> goal, >>

The goal (good antipodean word that!!) should also be to ensure that the
swivel-axis of the tailwheel mount is inclined slightly forwards. i.e. the
lower end of the swivel axis trails the upper end of the swivel axis. This
then provides some self-centring and stability of the tailwheel.

Duncan McF.