Re: Europa-List: tail spring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: tail spring
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:08:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "josok" <josok-e@ukolo.fi>
Subject: Europa-List: tail spring

| Sometimes it does not quite hit the mark: The Manual says"Mark a
horizontal line onto the rear face of the sternpost 25 mm up from the
outside skin" Now what is "outside skin" here, is it the outside skin of the
fuselage or the underside of the rear sternpost? If i assume the fuselage
skin as datum, then the hole looks to be positioned very close to the bottom
edge, so i am really confused here. Anybody?

| Regards,
| ----------------

Josok,
            I must be very simple. I followed the word to the letter!  I
drilled a 1mm hole up from the outside bottom of the fuselage, and stuck a
piece of wire up through it which was 25mm long, then carefully marked the
horizontal line on the back of the sternpost. It worked a charm, although I
had to file a small segment of a circle out of the bottom corner of the
fuselage to accomodate the tailspring when bolted in. The aircraft sits at
the requisite angle though...............
Cheers, Ferg
A064
sanding sanding sanding