RE: Europa-List: Oil in the intake

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Oil in the intake
From: Jim Thursby <jthursby@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:18:31

Hi Steve, A new demonstrator did this before.  It used to be a common
problem on first starts on a 914.  Ther is a small check valve in the oil
feed line to the turbo.  There is a small steel ball and spring in it.  The
ball sticks sometimes whene they are new.  Take it apart making sure there
isn't any debris in the valve and cycle it thru a few times by hand.  What I
mean is push the ball down and let the spring return it a few times.  Very
small parts so be careful.  Whene you first run the plane make sure you
start it a few times the first day, that cycles the valve a few more times.

  Jim Thursby