RE: Europa-List: Mass Balance Arm Cable Attach

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mass Balance Arm Cable Attach
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:28:17

Hi! Tony.
If you coil the cables correctly they shouldn't overlap and they should
stay outboard of the pins especially so long as they are crimped tight
on the nylon bush. Lots of chaps have used a pair of adjustment bottle
screws to ultimately tighten the slack and to be able to adjust the
lateral arc of the balance weight arm. Yes the heads of the pins need to
be facing forward.

 Hope you are shortening the inboard ends of the nylon bushes for
eventual use of the drive clamps without the need to dismantle it all
again!

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300.