Re: Europa-List: Anguish..........

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anguish..........
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:09:14

All,

I don't really understand all the implications, and why ethanol is okay for
car engines, most of which are also made of aluminum with metal fuel lines,
and not for certain aircaft engines. I can only go by what the man from
Rotax told me. I understand that other vehicles are also affected, maybe
snowmobiles and similar. According to the maintenance manual, the Rotax has
internal corrosion proofing, so what's the problem ?
I don't expect a reply from the premier's office but we will have to keep an
eye on what COPA/AOPA and EAA will be able to accomplish. The only hope is
that the premium gasoline is exempted, as this is used by relatively few
cars.

Karl