Re: Europa-List: Icom A-200 Comm

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Icom A-200 Comm
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:07:36

Martin Hi!

> Anyone else wired up an Icom A-200?

Yes.

> Power goes to two pins (14 & R) and ground to four pins (6,15,F & S). Do all
> these pins have to carry two 18 swg wires? I think I might have trouble
> getting two wires into the Molex pin and fit in the plastic Molex connector.

No. I placed 18 swg into each pin and then about 3" back from MOLEX ran them
into a bunch, added a connecting wire and took them back to Power and Ground
as required for each. Each Pin only has a single wire. The join is made
externally by whatever you feel suitable. Mine were soldered and then
protected by suitable shrink wrap.

It works fine.

The best laugh was that after I wired it I fitted the Molex UPSIDE DOWN, got
no power, received help from a Radio Ham friend who couldn't spot the
problem and eventually sent it back to Icom where there was no fault
found..... Really!!! Panel wiring has it's moments.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Gerry
Europa 384 G-FIZY
Trigear with Rotax 912 and Arplast CS Prop.
Dynon EFIS, KMD 150, Icom A-200 and SL70 Transponder.
PSS AoA Fitted.

http://www.g-fizy.com
Mobile: +44 7808 402404
WebFax: +44 870 7059985