RE: Europa-List: checkout in a monowheel

Subject: RE: Europa-List: checkout in a monowheel
From: Barahona Alonso Francisco Javier <Javier.Barahona@aeasa.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:52:14

I would like to share my personal experience with this subject.

The first step in the monowheel training, as recommended in the manual, should
be the control of the plane in ground. At this moment, you must be extremely
cautious
with the speed to avoid get involuntary airborne.

That is exactly what happened with me. I had a rough time because I had no
previous
experience with taildraggers. Fortunately, I was able, after several trials,
to land without damage but the result could have been very different.

Best regards
Javier Barahona