Re: Europa-List: Aileron push tube travel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron push tube travel
From: graham p pocock <graham@pocock56.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:51:00

> I just finished assembling the aileron push tubes. It seems no matter
> how much I expand the rib holes, the tube always contacts the ribs when

Andrew

I had this problem but mine was close to the spar.  My inspector said that
they needed to be at least 1/4'' away to allow for flexing and possible temp
induced gap changes.  As Jeremy suggests he told me to make up an aluminum
spacer 1/16''  to fit under the bellcrank. The manual is not crystal clear
as to which way round to fit the W12 and W13.   Worth a recheck.  One of us
might have this wrong!  But I'm sure mine's OK.  Hope this helps.

Graham Pocock
Kit 535