WAS Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch....NOW Rear Panel Access Throug

Subject: WAS Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch....NOW Rear Panel Access Through
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:59:09

Hi! All.
I missed the question which must recently have been posed about "access
to rear of panel through Fire Wall" At least one of the Europa
demonstrators had such facilities .....probably G-KITS. I have a PFA
approved mod. and have embodied the facilities in G-PTAG in two areas.
a) above the P1 footwell to the rear of the instrument area.
b) and also an additional one behind the early Jabiru air cooler
providing access to the rear of the radio stack.
I would have to think very hard about doing a repeat since the panel is
very cluttered in there especially with many vacuum pipes to get past to
the electrical wiring. (Which being a wiring novice is like a rats nest
!)
However the main reason for my decision to make the panel a permanent
fixture was wanting to retain continuity of engine monitoring wires
without using connector blocks.

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa KIT337 MKI/Jabiru 3300