Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Balance
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:05:37

All

I will tell a little story on myself.  I positioned the mass guide framework
a bit too far to the nose of my Europa.  This gave me trouble getting enough
up and down movement of the tail plains. I "had" to make my weights out of
lead so they could be smaller in diameter (see pictures page 8 of my
pictures). I did not change the total weight, just make them smaller.  That
solved my problem. (I suppose the framework was only 2 inches off)

Just an aside. Note that you can see the trailer braces that caused all the
up-roar on page 12 and 13 of my pictures. I added some captions.

Incidentally despite Nev. warning the braces work very well.  Look and see
what you are all worrying about. It is a very good way to solve a bad
problem (fuselage fall off the trailer in a turn)

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555