RE: Europa-List: Pads for CS15

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Pads for CS15
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:59:20

Hi! David.
Looks like you have the right perception of the use for the 1mm thick
tufnol, except you may need it to be slightly thicker to take up
operational slack in the connection. If that's the case then you will
need two layers of the tufnol and then sand it back to the right
thickness. Similarly you may need to cut back even the single thickness
to achieve close coupling without stress or backlash. Use the green
redux mixed thinly with flox to bond it to the connectors but be sure to
make it flat with a straight edge when bonding. (always presuming that
you have enough!)
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG

Robt.C.Harrison