Europa-List: Finger Brake cylinder seals

Subject: Europa-List: Finger Brake cylinder seals
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:31:29

I had a seal on one side of my finger brake cylinder fail whist taxiing
yesterday, causing me to taxi in ever decreasing circles.  (Fortunately
I was able to cut the engine before I disappeared up my own tailplane).

I have a set of replacement pistons / cylinders which I am intending to
fit but I seem to recall that there is something odd about tightening up
the collar which retains them.  From memory I think I should leave it
around 1 or 2 mm. away from being fully home.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS