Re: Europa-List: Photos of wing root

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Photos of wing root
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 16:14:40

Andrew

Are you reading the instructions right???

You are to lay three layers of glass over the wing rib/spar joint.  They are
to be staggered so as to taper the ending strength. This is a reinforcing
type of task.

I remember doing this job by laying the glass up in-between plastic sheets.
Get it all laid out staggered correctly on the work bench and wet it out
using the "between two plastic sheets" method.  That is what I did !

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555