RE: Europa-List: Re: FWF options

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: FWF options
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:03:03

>> I salute all of you who struggle w/ the eccentricities of the Rotax
engines;

But what about the hundreds of other Europa owners who fly behind a
Rotax without a single problem. As this is a help group you tend to only
hear from those asking for assistance. Those whose installations don't
cause any problems (and this is the majority by a very great margin)
never make comments on the group about their installation so it's easy
to come up with the opinion that the Rotax has problems.

I've had many hours of happy flying behind a Rotax 912 and, apart from
opening the cowlings once in a while to make sure that the engine really
is still there and to change the oil, it has behaved impeccably from the
first time it was ever run.

Tony
Power applied to the panel for the first time on Sunday
No smoke, no tripped breakers, all worked as planned