Re: Europa-List: Re: Positioning Flaps

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Positioning Flaps
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:27:15

The original Dykins Europa profile shows a small amount (about 1/4") of
reflex in the trailing edge.The template called up by the profile
co-ordinates in the manual is too crude to reflect this subtlety (or I was
too stupid to spot it when I built mine). What effect it has I can't say,
other than that gliders get better high speed efficiency with reflexed
flaps.

So, in answer to your questions, "more speed"? and "up is better/originally
intended".

Duncan Mcf.
PS which GEO are you using?