Europa-List: Control Deflection re: Paint Allowance

Subject: Europa-List: Control Deflection re: Paint Allowance
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:55:02

There are wiser inputs than me, but the gap is not just about minimum
clearances for paint. The general rule is that you shouldn't pull g and
have a rolling input, but one day it could happen. I know there is a lot of
flex potential in the wing, and you have to be assured that you don't build
too fine a tolerance, to cater for full unimpeded control input with a
deflected wing. This is the only reason the spec is 2-3 mm, which isn't
exactly small, so by implication it has other demands of it.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia