Europa-List: New Micro-air Avionics tranceiver fitted.

Subject: Europa-List: New Micro-air Avionics tranceiver fitted.
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:26:02

After many years of intermittently perfect/awful radio service, I've now
retired my Terra Tranceiver, which is destined to become just an
attractive? (expensive) panel feature.

I've fitted the new Micro-air transceiver and am getting 5/5 on the
ground. (It wasn't really safe to fly today due local fog)

Unfortunately, with the engine running there is a 'rev-related' howl,
both on transmit and receive which is quite loud and distracting.

Is there a simple solution to this ? Should I have an 'electrical choke'
fitted into the circuit, or should I attempt to achieve 100% shielding
of all wires and connectors for the unit. (There is in fact an exposed
area around a 'D' connector) ?

Does anyone have special knowledge or wiring expertise, or sell
equipment which may resolve my issue ?

Thanks for any advice.

Alan