Europa-List: Trial Fitting Cockpit Module

Subject: Europa-List: Trial Fitting Cockpit Module
From: David Simenauer <dsimenauer@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:17:13

I am at the point where I need to "trial fit" the cockpit module in the
fuselage.
I have sanded off a lot of excess glue which has made it fit better.  But
I cannot seem to get a snug fit between the front of the module and the
firewall.
After sanding off as much excess glue as I am comfortable with, neither the
module nor the firewall seem to be completely straight. This leaves a long
gap at certain points.  Is there something that should and can be done about
this.
I'm concerned about over sanding and causing structural problems.

Thanks,
Dave Simenauer

A101
XS Trigear