Europa-List: Re: Intercooler for 914

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Intercooler for 914
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:15:04

Craig,

 > Sometime ago there was a request for info/availability of the
intercooler kit for
 > the Rotax 914.  Didn't hear the outcome.  I contacted Europa 2004 and
was told
 > the John Hurst developed it out of the Lakeland office.  Does anyone
have
 > one installed and running on a 914(does it work?) and if so is it
still manufactured?

I purchased the intercooler package from John when Europa USA still
existed.  I'm sure that you'll need to talk to John to see if he can
still arrange for additional units to be manufactured.  I am not at the
point where I have begun work on firewall-forward so I don't have it
installed yet or working.  John had one installed on their 914 powered
demo and claimed he could use full power in climb and cruise to an
altitude higher than he wanted to climb to.  Said that he could cruise
at 12,500 at a TAS approaching 200 mph.  Needless to say, I am looking
forward to getting back to work on my ship so I can enjoy the improved
climb and high-altitude performance.  If you are interested, I have
some pics of the intercooler package on my build site.

The last time I spoke with him, John was working for Gulf Coast
Avionics ( http://www.gca.aero ).  You can give him a call there
(800-474-9714).

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/N914XL
(75%)  Work on hold while I accumulate $$ to purchase the plexi, prop
and other parts that I'll never get from EMIL or E(04).  Meanwhile,
working on Instrument, Commercial, CFI & CFII ratings for potential
career change.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123