Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 12/07/04

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 12/07/04
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:22:22
 12/08/2004 06:22:25 AM,
        Serialize complete at 12/08/2004 06:22:25 AM

On 12/7/2004  posted by: DuaneFamly@aol.com

>I don't see the plus side of the cable coming from down that low
>on the "D" window. It is still a downward angle from shoulder height. To
be
>level with shoulder height, the cable would have to be mounted nearer the

>midpoint of the "D" window.

Ah!  This is a design compromise.  The fuse seam is the strongest area for
a hard point.
And it had better be a very hard point as a 20g decel with a 200 lb
subject is an instantaneous
load of 2 tons.  In my estimation, the unsupported fuse skin would not
likely support that kind
of shear load without delamination and failure.

The FAA allows for minor negative deflection. Mine comes out to be about
-10 degrees, much
better than the stock -75 or so degrees. I was told, as an aside, that
this is similar to the RV design.

Ira,  N224XS flying with my design choices (for better or worse)