Europa-List: main gear interference

Subject: Europa-List: main gear interference
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:25:34

>Why I should be having this problem is a bit of a mystery. Andy thinks that
>possibly the swinging arm may be slightly out of alignment with the centre
>line.
>
>John Heykoop

John
could it be your gear mount weldment is not symmetrically installed? Start
by checking that, then work downstream to find what caused the problems.
Friend of mine just alleviated his similar calliper problem by softening
the tunnel with a hot air gun and bulging it out to clear, but also cut a
slot in the thigh support to allow the tunnel side to move out a bit, then
did the simple repair to restore the strength of the assembly
Graham