Europa-List: Pop rivets

Subject: Europa-List: Pop rivets
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:44:50

I am preparing to install Southco quarter-turn fasteners in the cowls,
according to Europa Club Mod No. 10405.

It turns out that I do not have long enough pop rivets to fix the
receptacles.  The mod instruction mentions "AAC-32, AAC-34 AAC-36 or similar
short, medium and long 3/32" pop rivets."  Should be countersunk rivets.

I have TAPK 36 BS countersunk rivets (6.0 mm length), but they are some 2 mm
short.

I admit I don't know much about rivet sizes, but cannot find anything close
to the required length - or the mentioned AAC rivets - in the catalogues of
ACS, Wicks or Light Aero.

Can anyone please guide to me to suitable rivets, and where they can be
procured (in Europe or in the U.S.)?

Regards,
Svein K. Johnsen
A225 - now in Norway