RE : Europa-List: Interior Paint

Subject: RE : Europa-List: Interior Paint
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:44:47

> What method do you use for Zolatone applied?
>
> Brushe, roll, or spray?

You have to spray Zolatone to get the desired texture.  Brushing just smears
the speckles into the background.  The only constraint on the spray gun is
that it must operate with pressure feed and internal mix.   We used an
inexpensive gun from Sears that was convertible (pressure/siphon,
internal/external), and it worked fine.  This is very forgiving paint: even
a raw amateur (like myself) can get good results.  We have no clear coat
over the Zolatone, and it still looks like new after about 4 years, but we
have fabric or carpet in the areas of heaviest wear.

Dave DeFord
N135TD (flying, 400 hours)