Europa-List: TP12 drive plates

Subject: Europa-List: TP12 drive plates
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:45:40

>In my naivity, I'm sitting w/ a pair of the 3/8" pins thinking that I simply
>would have to upsize the 1/4" holes w/ a simple drill and that would be
>that.
>
>Anyone out there: How have you handled the TP12 mod?
>
>Fred

Fred
drill undersize by about 15 thou, then ream out to slight undersize.
Measure the pins first and find a metric or letter reamer the size you
need. Reamer bored about 1/2 thou over it's own size.Pete Churms' pins were
exact to size. The reamer size we used is lost in the dark corners of my
brain  ?:-[
The job needs to be done with the tube firmly clamped to a decent machine.
Don't try it by hand, it will be expensive, cheaper to buy a drill stand!
BTW it took about 1 1/2 hours to get the tubes out of the completed
fuselage, much longer to get them back! We used a Dremel cut off wheel to
get the split pins out. No body had to crawl down the hell hole.
Graham