Europa-List: Take off and landing Distances

Subject: Europa-List: Take off and landing Distances
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:45:48

Hi to all!

Eventually my Europa will fly, probably early in Spring 2005 and Im
preparing for where I can fly from once all is signed off.

Living in the West Country there are opportunities to work with Farmers to
release some land for an Airstrip to rent or buy.

I may have such an opportunity very locally (1/2 mile at most) but I need
some guidance from the combined wisdom of the group..... Optimistic I know!

G-FIZY is a Europa XS TRIGEAR with 912 (80hp) and Arplast CS Prop and
whatever the weight is on the day.

The Strip is grass and available from May after Silage cut to late October.
It faces aligns at 26/08, 500m X 20m including turning circle over a 25m
displaced 6 - 10 hedge. It will be cut and rolled and drains well as a
plateau on a hill at 400.

Can someone with mine or similar Europa configuration pass comment and maybe
add some real data on takeoff and landing performance on grass.

Fuel will be available..... Scrumpy Cider!

Kind Regards

Gerry
Europa 384 G-FIZY
Trigear with Rotax 912 and Arplast CS Prop.
Dynon EFIS, KMD 150, Icom A-200 and SL70 Transponder.
PSS AoA Fitted.

http://www.g-fizy.com
Mobile: +44 7808 402404
WebFax: +44 870 7059985